Gospel-Centered MissionsFirst Baptist Church is a missions-minded church.
We believe in fulfilling the Great Commission at home within our own individual spheres of influence – where we work, play, shop, dine, and live.
We believe in coming alongside local para-church ministries as they serve and provide for people in West Michigan.
We believe in participating in short-term vision trips that allow us to use our God-given talents, skills, and abilities outside our immediate range of impact and help us open our eyes to see clearly God at work around the world and experience the diverse cultures he has created.
And we believe in being strong partners with our missionaries who God has called to teach, heal, train, construct, and serve all around the world for the purpose of spreading the Gospel.
Partnering with our missionaries includes supporting them financially, through prayer, and with encouraging words and actions. We want them to have the physical means they need to go, the spiritual courage and insight they need to be effective, and the mental and emotional wellbeing they need in order to endure and thrive.
First Baptist Church currently partners with…
- Jason and Lisa Hovingh, serving orphans and those who care for them in Kenya, East Africa.
- Bill and Denise Braun, church planting and leadership development in Russia with the Association of Baptists for World Evangelism.
- Dale and Jill Stewart, providing leadership for the Westlands Bible Mission and Clark Canyon Bible Camp in Montana.
- World Cassette Outreach of India, reaching non-literate people in India through scriptures in audio formats.
- Classified, laying foundations for Gospel-centered movements among Islamic peoples.
- Classified, church planting among a Muslim people group in the southern Philippines.
- Classified, evangelizing a tribal people group in Mexico.
- Classified, also evangelizing a tribal people group in Mexico.
- Classified, evangelism in North Africa.
- The Holland Rescue Mission, serving the homeless in the Holland and Zeeland area.
- Keys for Kids Ministries, ministering to kids and their families.
- The Lakeshore Pregnancy Center, loving people to life.
- Kevin and Jennifer Viening, directing an elementary school ministry in Zeeland.